Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Noobz Town
Shadowhuntxx
6 posters

New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D)

Shadowhuntxx
    Shadowhuntxx

New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D) Empty New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D)

Post  Shadowhuntxx Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm

31-Dec-2009 - New Year Message Next

A very happy New Year to you all! We hope that you are filling your boots with good cheer and Party Pete-like celebrations.

During the first half of 2009 we learnt a whole lot from our community and focused mostly on improving our underlying technology and switching back to weekly updates. While this was possibly less exciting to some, it was very necessary to set the stage to make possible the updates we had planned for the second half of the year. Looking back at 2009, there have been some pretty big updates. A few highlights include:

* Finishing the goblin storyline with The Chosen Commander.
    * High-level training updates for several skills with the Living Rock Caverns, the Agility extensions and the Woodcutting sawmill.
    * New rewards for skills, like the ancient curses, the extreme potions and the dragon pickaxe.
    * The Evil Tree.
    * Cool quests like Curse of Arrav, Blood Runs Deep, Hunt for Red Raktuber and The Temple at Senntisten.
    * The Objective and Advisor systems.
    * And let’s not forget about new support for resizing the game window (even in Standard Detail mode) - no more playing in a tiny window!

So, what is the new year going to bring? For one, we want to continue producing quests at the rate and quality that we have been, which means expanding the most popular storylines and bringing a couple to dramatic conclusions. We’ll also be casting a critical eye over our existing skills, searching for holes, and filling them with new training activities and rewards. That’s before we even mention the new skill that is coming in 2010! And yes, there will be new combat equipment as well, and also a new Grandmaster quest – but more on that closer to release.

Of course, we haven’t planned every single update yet because we want to take on board your ideas for RuneScape content as well, and naturally give ourselves the spare resources to make it happen. RuneScape’s success over the last decade wouldn’t have been possible without your passionate input, and we promise to continue to solicit and take on board your feedback. So, go to the forums and get your ideas seen, heard, then - in some cases – even played in 2010!

We hope you have a great one!

Andrew, Mark Gerhard and Mod Fetzki

(Taken from runescape.com)

Well what do you guys think?
    Noobz Town
    Noobz Town

New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D) Empty Re: New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D)

Post  Noobz Town Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Hope the new skill comes soon!Smile
    Jek Nexus
    Jek Nexus
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D) Empty Re: New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D)

Post  Jek Nexus Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I think at this point it'd be very hard to predict anything without more hints.
    Noobz Town
    Noobz Town

Post  Noobz Town Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:14 am

I agree with you jek.
    Toast eat my name and die
    Toast eat my name and die
    Epic Member

Post  Toast eat my name and die Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 pm

Well guessing is fun anyway... Could the gear be combat equipment?

Although I think they should update something that's not related to killing people.
    Noobz Town
    Noobz Town

Post  Noobz Town Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Yup
    Shadowhuntxx
    Shadowhuntxx

Post  Shadowhuntxx Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 pm

actually there are hints...

Mod Fetzki: We hope that this will be the skill we are working on now! That’s why we are taking our time with this skill: we want to make it really good, which is why it won’t be ready until (hopefully) sometime in 2010.

Mod Mark: Honestly, it’s not the Sailing skill. That was a crazy rumour based on a picture of a mage on a dock, who apparently is sailing a ship. He isn’t, and there is no Sailing skill. Interestingly, several of the team here at Jagex love sailing, so it did give us some cool ideas for the future. Oh, and the new skill is far better than sailing.
    Mod Mark: I’d like to. I also always liked the idea of a tattoo slot where the player can get a runic symbol emblazoned on their body. It’s certainly in keeping with the style of the game and there is room in on the "paper doll" (the thing in the Worn Inventory interface).
    can it be tattooing?

This is all i found on the forum, but here are a couple of rumors.
    -Starts with a B.
    -Has purple trimmed cape (most likely not true)
    -The skill will be F2P.
    -Its a big deal and will change the way we play Runescape.

There are the hints, now guess >.<
    Multi
    Multi
    Advanced Member

Post  Multi Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Shadowhuntxx wrote: -Has purple trimmed cape (most likely not true)

New Skill and New Gear of 2010 (lets guess :D) Shot_putt

Found Here.
    Flailed
    Flailed

Post  Flailed Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 am

Fairy Tale Part 3 should be out soon....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:18 am