Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Unb4nned
Stephen
6 posters

Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree.

Stephen
    Stephen

Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree. Empty Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree.

Post  Stephen Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:52 am

This will probably will never happen but it is worth a shot.

Basically Zetaboard/Invisionfree are boards they are for free and are alot easier to use than built sites like this.

They offer alot and if designed right look absolutely amazing.

the Admin CP/Mod CP are very nice too on both boards.

Pros:
    Free Forums
    Ease of use
    Easier to keep track of registered members
    Shows the actual topics on the side not just the member name in the sub-forum.

Cons:
    Runs Advertisements to make it so you use there boards for free. ( Note don't click any ad's on those sites some are linked to viruses! )
    Goes down for maintenance very rarely but still goes down for a period of time.

I can tell this will most likely not happen but it's a nice suggestion, post thoughts/feedback/yes or no if you want it.

Examples of ZB/IF Forums.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Cwcommunity/index/ <--- ZetaBoards ( Castle War Community for RuneScape. )

http://z13.invisionfree.com/divinecw/index.php?act=idx <-- InvisionFree, ( A Castle War Clan site )
    Unb4nned
    Unb4nned
    Admin
    Admin

Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree. Empty Re: Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree.

Post  Unb4nned Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am

I think that's not a good idea, as theres NO WAY to convert this forums to Zetaboard/Invisionfree.
    And we dont want to lose our Members/Posts/Topics, thanks for the suggestion though.
    Stephen
    Stephen

Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree. Empty Re: Conversion to ZetaBoards/InvisionFree.

Post  Stephen Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 am

Yes I know you personally can't convert this forum to ZB/IF but I think it's worth a shot if you and other admins/designers register a board and test it out see what you like what you don't etc.
    Unb4nned
    Unb4nned
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Unb4nned Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:57 am

I tested them some time ago, and i just don't like the fact that they have ads, but a good idea should be to move to an own hosted forum, Example: http://Runefeed.com/forums
    Stephen
    Stephen

Post  Stephen Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah I understand what you mean about the ad's but I noticed alot of the time when you browse main noobtown site you get the "Sponsored By" thing which is basically same as Ad's.

I understand the main site has links to all those things but I think it would be easier to use IF or ZB for that just cause of the fact you can make your own sub-forum which has seperate links to all those.

But it is up to you after all you're the admin =p

Maybe you and others can try it out and come together on a final decision before you say no to this =p
    SPAMMER9

Post  SPAMMER9 Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 am

Stephen wrote:
    Pros:
    Free Forums
    Ease of use

Cons:
    Runs Advertisements to make it so you use there boards for free. ( Note don't click any ad's on those sites some are linked to viruses! )

Uptime is most important, so gtfo.
    It's already easy, so gtfo.
    Easier to keep track of registered members makes no sense, so gtfo.
    Idiots will click on ads, so yeah, bad idea.
    Ausie Bloke
    Ausie Bloke

Post  Ausie Bloke Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah i have a Zetaboard, don't really like it anymore because of the ads.
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/noobtown/index/

I like these sort of forums Unb4nned has done. :}
    Stephen
    Stephen

Post  Stephen Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 pm

SUDDENLY wrote:
    Stephen wrote:
    Pros:
    Free Forums
    Ease of use

Cons:
    Uptime is most important, so gtfo.
    It's already easy, so gtfo.
    Easier to keep track of registered members makes no sense, so gtfo.
    Idiots will click on ads, so yeah, bad idea.

You obviously aren't very computer smart you tell me to gtfo yet you don't know much bout comps lol ZB/IF are much more reliable than most forums, and have fun getting a warning message for flaming.

-------

Ausie Bloke wrote:Yeah i have a Zetaboard, don't really like it anymore because of the ads.
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/noobtown/index/

I like these sort of forums Unb4nned has done. :}

Ya I like them to put you could do this type of work in ZB if you code it right =p

Last edited by Alucard on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts :P)
    Alucard
    Alucard

Post  Alucard Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Honestly, these forums are working the best for us at the moment, and I highly doubt losing the posts, account names, and info would be too appealing to people.

And I fixed up your posts into one, don't like double posting :3
    santa
    santa
    Epic Member

Post  santa Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Unb4nned wrote:I think that's not a good idea, as theres NO WAY to convert this forums to Zetaboard/Invisionfree.
    And we dont want to lose our Members/Posts/Topics, thanks for the suggestion though.
    i agree it was bad enough losing the first one and its definitely not something i want to happen again

Last edited by santa on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:21 am